The Shackled City
Charter of the Silver Phoenix Adventuring Company
Ratified on 14 Readying, 592 CY
This Document being the official agreement by the persons signed below on the duties, responsibilities, rights and privileges of membership in the organization known as the Silver Phoenix Adventuring Company (hereafter referred to as “Company” or “The Company”). Those signed below agree to uphold this Charter until such time as they are released from it, either by final death or by the consent or will of the Company.
Membership in the Company is open to beings of all abilities and races. The following discusses the rights and responsibilities of each member. New members may be accepted by consensus in a formal Company Vote (see below). Each member is responsible for providing assistance to other members according to his or her abilities.
Each member is allowed to participate in all company activities
Each member is required to participate in Company mandated events
Each member has the right to call for a formal Vote for a Company issue at any time such that the vote does not place any other member in immediate danger from threats to the Company
Each member is entitled to one vote in Company decisions
Each member is required to vote in any formal Company Vote
Each member is afforded a place to stay in the Company House in the city of Cauldron (as space allows) on a first-come, first-served basis
Each member may resign (with the consent of the remaining members) at any time, such that the resignation does not place any other member in imminent danger from threats to the Company
The Company is to be governed by its members in common and no single member shall have command over any other save by prior agreement of its members. The following discusses the rights and role of the Captain, an elected official representative of the Company. The Captain is only “first among equals” and has no rights to command Members directly, or to decide the actions of the Company without a formal Vote and consensus
The Captain is elected by member consensus in a formal Company Vote, once every six-month period
The Captain is responsible for managing the funds of the Company Bank and administering all properties for which the Company holds title
The Captain serves as a mediator and consensus taker for the Company member’s decision-making process
The Captain is the official Representative of the Company to non-members
The Company Bank holds title to 10% of all non-magical treasure acquired by its members in the course of conducting Company business (including profits from treasure sales)
- These funds are to be used to finance Company initiatives and purchase additional Company property
- Each member present and participating in the acquisition of non-magical treasure in the course of conducting Company business is entitled to an equal share of that treasure (including profits from the sale of items)
- The Company Bank includes a provision for Resurrection Insurance Fund, available to any member that wishes to provide the money for such spell-casting services
The Company holds title to all magic items found by its members
- Possession of these items may be granted to a member by the consent of the Company, including limited use items (scrolls, wands, etc)
- The Company may (if members allow it) relinquish title to magical items to a member who contributes half of the market value of that item to the Company Bank
- No member may leave the Company with any of its property except by consensus of the remaining members
Amendments to the Company Charter may be made by formal Vote only and may not be made in the heat of battle.
The Company Bank holds title to 15% of all non-magical treasure acquired by its members in the course of conducting Company business (including profits from treasure sales)
(Amended 21 Planting, 592 CY)
WE, the undersigned have read and hereby agree to the conditions set out in this Charter and are legally bound by them until such time as we are released by the Company according to the Charter.